Friday, December 11, 2009

~ Patients IS a Virtue ~ A Garden Party Gazebo

I thought I'd share the beauty of this darling miniature Garden Party Gazebo that I have finished up and entered into a contest. I was rallied & cheered on by my granddaughter.

I designed a place that I could imagine myself entering and lounging around in with my favorite magazine or book and a cup of freshly brewed coffee!

The only rule for the contest was to start with this particuliar building/gazebo. It came in pieces -raw wood. I crackled and antiqued the frame in a creamy white over vintage green. It turned out fabulous, I was very pleased. The flooring was done with a paintable fresco wall paper that I cut & pieced together. I also antiqued that. I used fresh wispy birch branches to enter-twine in and around the roof and around the posts. They emerge from a pair of "cherub" column planters that I painted black and gave a gold highlight to. I attached the various pink paper roses all around on sprigs of baby tear and pepper berry greenery.

I used 2 victorian wire chairs, a victorian bird cage (decorated in roses & birch too) and a baker's rack, all of which I painted black. I made a chair cushion for the fan back wire chair and even little bow ties hanging from the back. I created the swing by removing the legs from a cottage style "sofa"... I punched holes on the back and arms & used eyelets and rings to attach & hold the vintage pearl and wire loop "chain" hangers. I hand made the sofa cushions and throw pillows from things I had on hand and hand painted the frame in black with gold accents which matches the little table where you'll find waiting a cake and pretty tea cup and saucer.

I had a lot of fun designing this and my granddaughter is so pleased. I can't wait to find out where (or if) we'll place in the contest. No matter the outcome, we've had a great time doing this. I'll keep you posted, I 'm not sure when they announce the winners.

The scale is 1 inch = 1 foot.







2 comments:

Courteney said...

This is perfectly delightful mom.. I envy you and your talents. You are truly an inspiring women, in EVERY way. I love you!! And this looks AMAZING!!!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Now THIS is fantastic! How I would love to be able to make one of these to go with mine and my granddaughter's dollhouse! Just stunning! You are truly a lady of many talents, Susan!

Happy PS!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents