Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Off Again ~USS JOHN C. STENNIS

USS JOHN C. STENNIS is 1092 feet long and towers some 20 stories above the waterline. As a self-contained city! Amazing isn't it!! My cousin, Michael, just set off for another long deployment. He isn't expected home until sometime this summer, between July and August! It's a darn good thing it is "like a city."

I am thankful for the men and women in uniform, it really does take someone very special to go out into such an uncertain world fraught with danger -to protect all of us. I honor them.

Hurry home Michael! He leaves behind his wife, April and their 4 daughers ages 12, 9 & 4 (4yr olds are twins). I'll be babysitting a lot! <>

Here's a picture of it pulling out of San Deigo:

Here's another one pulling out of Bremerton Naval Base. The treed area you see behind the ship is my town... Port Orchard!! :

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hello Susan, I left you an award on my blog. Please come get it. Hugs Mary:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! for the award!!